“Children are born naturalists. They explore the world with all of their senses, experiment in the environment, and communicate their discoveries to those around them.” ~ The Audubon Nature Preschool
It’s that time again – time to put your wildlife knowledge to the test with this week’s Mystery Critter.
So, let’s get down to business, y’all. Put on those thinking caps and remember — no cheating!
- My habitat is marshes, swamps, forests and woodlands
- I am typically brown or orangish brown
- I am bigger that my common cousin
- One of my subspecies is on the endangered species list
- I have been introduced in states like California and Washington
So, what am I?!
Make your guess then go here for the answer and more interesting facts.
Did you get it right?
If not, no worries. You will have another chance soon!
Remember, when looking for wildlife, keep your eyes and ears open! Look high and low, and most importantly, enjoy yourself.
Exploring the natural world with children is a special treat. Get lost in the wonder and awe that only Mother Nature can provide.
What critters can you spot in your neck of the woods? Be sure to tell us!
And don’t forget! Join the Wildobs community and share your wild adventures with the world.