TGSG Note: I don’t usually double dip, but I couldn’t help but share this post on both blogs. After all, the more kids we get outside, the better! Bethe
That’s right — it’s International Mud Day! A day where children (and their adults!) around the world are encouraged to get down and dirty!
Mud puddles. Mud pies. You name it — let’s do it and enjoy every squishy, messy moment!
It’s as easy as 1…2…3!
1. Why not…
- Download free “muddy” resources from The World Forum Foundation
- Try one of these mud themed activities
- Ooooh, or one of these…
- Get in the know about what children learn from mud play
- Read, Mud by Wendy Lewison
- Whip up a recipe from the great cookbook, Mud Pies and Other Recipes by Marjorie Winslow
2. Read these, fantastic mud-inspired posts:
- Glorious Mud! from @AdventuresPlay
- Getting Ready for Mud Day
- Mud Kitchen Round Up from @Preschoolplay
3. Watch this video!
OK, that has to be plenty to keep you busy! Get out there and play today. And remember, there is a muddle puddle with your name on it!
See ya outside! ~ The
Grass Stain Mud Stain Guru