Let’s think of this post as our virtual Thanksgiving table, shall we? So let’s join hands and all share what we are thankful for.
OK, I’ll start…
10. The smell of the sidewalk after a warm summer rain.
9. The sound of leaves crunching under my feet on a fall hike.
8. SQUIRRELS. (Seriously, they bring me endless joy.)
7. The feeling of mud between my toes and grass beneath my feet.
6. Crocuses sticking their colorful heads up out of the cold earth, reminding me that spring really will come.
5. Staring at the ocean and understanding what forever looks like.
4. The feeling of sun on my face and breeze in my hair.
3. The smell of lilacs and honeysuckle.
2. The fact that I was raised as a Free Range kid and allowed to develop my own sense of self, love of the natural world and the type of resiliency and capacity for wonder that allows me to be a happy adult.
1. My readers and the #playoutdoors and #GoPlay family on Twitter (you know who you are)! How amazing is it to grow up to do what you love and connect with others who believe in what you do? THANK YOU!
Thank you all for being in my world. Wishing you the happiest of Thanksgivings, or to those from elsewhere — a great big beautiful day!