In The States, it’s the Memorial Day Weekend, which means the kick-off of summer. Even here in Washington DC, ties are loosened and permission is granted to connect with your playful-side for the next few months.
Of course, readers of this blog know that connecting with our playful sides is a year-round pursuit!
So here is a bit of whimsy and play from around the web:
- I love this idea of building a fairy garden from @angpang
- @slowfamily schools us in Gardening 101
- Great nature play ideas from @preschoolplay
- If you can’t get out of town, why not go backyard camping?!
And, in the news you can use department, I give you:
- Fighting to take back recess
- Susan Linn makes The Case for Make Believe
- Joan Gussow, Teacher of Teachers talks about food and health
- Science Daily asks, Can bacteria make you smarter?
- Happy news indeed! Forest preschools are taking root in the USA
Remember, it doesn’t matter what you do – just get out there and have some fun. Go barefoot and use your outside voice!
Consider this your permission slip.
Need help finding places and events to get out and play? Click here.
See ya outside! ~ The Grass Stain Guru