I’ve been involved in the children and nature and play movements for a long time. Each day, I meet more people who are passionate about these issues and come across organizations who are tackling these issues in exciting ways.
I can’t tell you how happy that makes me. At some point we will hit that “Tipping Point” and the tide will turn. This indoor generation and the adults that foster it will stop business as usual and get back to a life full of wonder and awe that only happens when we step outside.
What will that look like?
Well, here are a few things to be on the lookout for:
- Going outside to play will once again be the norm
- Grass stains will be sought after and celebrated by the masses
- Video game systems will gather dust in favor of magnifying glasses and sticks for fort building
- Sneakers will be worn thin in record time
- Parents will enforce screen time limits
- Families will play together and connect with nature
- Educators will embrace outdoor classrooms and school gardens
It’s coming — the #playoutdoors Tipping Point.
Join us…let’s make it happen SOONER rather than later.
For a bit more inspiration, check out this fantastic video from the great folks at the Sajai Foundation.
So, what are you waiting for?
See ya outside! ~ The Grass Stain Guru