It’s the dreaming season, the season to imagine a spring, summer and fall full of nature, gardening, exploring, playing outdoors, and getting grass stains.
For nature’s critters winter is a time for survival, but for us it’s the season of imagination, hope, creativity, and planning. A time to regroup, clear away the old, and bring in the new; a time to gain new knowledge to take out into the woods, fields, andof our gardens, neighborhoods, and communities.
So, what are you learning and planning? How about:
- designing a garden bed of herbs and edible flowers
- learning about and ordering seeds
- choosing a few native shrubs to attract and feed wild birds in your garden
- picking a composting method to use when spring comes
- finding an outdoor-friendly preschool or summer camp for your children
- planning an outdoor nature group for kids
- researching a camping trip for your family vacation
The dreaming season is a wonderful time. It doesn’t matter what you are planning, just be sure to get dreaming about what you’ll do outdoors. Make a plan to do it!
Guest Blogger Bio: Alison Kerr is a writer who is passionate about the Earth, nature, gardening, good food, and her family. You can read Alison’s work on Loving Nature’s Garden and follow her on Twitter @AlisonKerr.