So, I finally got off my lazy blogger’s butt to accept the honor of the Honest Scrap Award and share the randomness that is me. Thanks to the lovely and gifted Naomi Sachs of Therapeutic Landscapes Network Blog and the glorious green thumb of groovy goddess Carole Brown of Ecosystem Gardening for tagging me.
So, to be accept the Honest Scrap Award, I have to share 10 honest things about myself that you wouldn’t know from reading ye olde blog. And I have to tag 7 other bloggers to participate.
And for those of you I tag who, like me, never do this kind of thing, think of it as a fun way to chat with your readers, versus a blogger’s chain letter.
So, here ya go:
- I don’t watch a lot of TV, but am OBSESSED with House Hunters International. I have a well documented case of wanderlust and an odd fascination with Suzanne Wong’s ever-changing bang length.
- I don’t like to drive. It has nothing to do — I’m sorry to say — with being green. I just find it to be a total pain in the ass. Um, and for the record, I think Maryland drivers are super stinky.
- As social as I can be, I am a bit of a loaner. I need an above average amount of alone time or I get very squirrely.
- I am a sucker for corset dramas. Lord, this independent modern girl loves her a period piece.
- I believe with every fiber of my being that ice cream is a food group.
- My dream is to win the lottery, retire to Costa Rica, and write trashy novels. (Um, and drink a lot of coffee, while watching birds — naturally.)
- I shamelessly love both George Michael AND Ricky Martin. There, I said it. Go ahead, mock away.
- I have more lip balms than any one human should be allowed. If there were a 12 step program for them I would go, but stop by CVS to buy a new one on the way to the meeting.
- I would love to go work in the UK — they are so far ahead of the states in the play movement. (Um, the fact that I enjoy a pint has nothing to do with this desire. Honest.)
- My brain candy of choice is a great mystery/thriller novel. I have been tickled to connect with some great writers on Twitter, including super sweet James Scott Bell, who gives good read and great writing advice.
OK, tag, you’re it:
- The divine Caro of Caro & Co
- The joyous, hat-wearing Mr Uku of Will Write for Cake
- The bringer of the guffaws, Mike of Wednesday Weekly
- The painfully adorable Jody of The Hunter’s Wife
- The sassy and bold Charrise of Full Out and Fearless
- The rosy-cheeked and happy Melynda of Your Wild Child
- The lively and fun-loving Daddy Bookins of Peas and Bananas
See ya outside! ~ The Grass Stain Guru