There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart.
~ Celia Thaxter
As summer draws to an end, I can’t help but be a little sad. I am a sunshine girl – a true lover of summer and spring. As much as I love Mother Nature, I am not fond of her winter dress nearly as much.
When I read this beautiful quote, I decided that this year, instead of being sad to see summer go, I would be grateful and give thanks to summer — celebrate its glory and let that celebration and those memories keep me warm in the cold days ahead.
10 Grateful Summer Thoughts:
- The bright burst of summer colors everywhere the eye goes;
- Glorious sunsets, striped candy-colors of orange, pink, and purple
- Warm summer rains, just made for puddle jumping;
- Walking barefoot through the grass, in the sand, and across warm sidewalks;
- Picnics and paddle boats;
- Orange popsicles enjoyed on a walk-about;
- Stargazing on warm nights;
- Dangling my feet off the dock;
- Cookouts and volleyball games with friends; and
- Bright blue skies and seemingly impossible puffy white clouds. Skies so welcoming, you can hardly believe your luck at being alive and having such a day given to you.
Surely, these thoughts and sense of joy will keep me warm this winter. What are some of the things you are grateful for about summer? I would love to have you share them in the comments section.
Now, if you will excuse me, I have some summer to go enjoy. Get it before it’s gone, folks!
See ya outside! ~ The Grass Stain Guru