OK, my nature detectives — let’s hop to it! Good luck. And no cheating!
- I am 18 – 27 inches in size;
- I am the most abundant form of this species in the world;
- My courtship starts in the fall;
- I can be found throughout North America; and
- I will hybridize with others in my species.
What am I? Make your guess, and then go here for the answer and more interesting facts. Did you get it right?! If not, no worries — you’ll have another chance next week!
Now, why not go see if you can spot this week’s Mystery Critter near you? If not, there is plenty of wildlife just waiting to be discovered right outside your door. Grab the kids in your world and go take a look!
See ya outside! – The Grass Stain Guru